Thursday 20 August 2009

My head is full up.

So the summer is nearly over and I haven't been even nearly as proactive as I had hoped, which shouldn't really come as any surprise seeing as the pro-activity curve hits a massive downward slope as soon as you start waking up early just to sit on your ass all day. I suppose I am being a little harsh on myself, I have: been to Morocco, worked in Belfast exposed photography gallery, started two new photography projects, read a bit about Eve Sedwick's Between Men book for my dissertation, went to visit Sarah in Bristol, went to Cardiff, seen Diane Arbus original prints and drank myself into a neolithic state on numerous occasions.

Anyway the reason for this blog entry is not nostalgia but an attempt to release some of the current traffic jam of information residing in my brain by making a list. I normally do this on a piece of paper with a pencil, but fuck that, this in the technological era, I'm typing this bad boy up on a blog for the world to see (world meaning six or seven people obviously)

So here goes, there is no order I am literally just about to type it as is and if you don't like it, send your complaints in writing to areyoufuckingserious@youareatwat.com.

1) Dissertation research:
a) Homo-Social decriptions by Eve Sedgwick.
b) Endless Vetel-Becker journals on masculinities.
c) Endless sage journals on masculinities.
d) Determine a overall topic and sub-topics or either.

2) Project research: Hunting Ground.
a) Photographers research.
b) Social climate research.

3) Project research: Oedipus Complex.
a) Shoot more images of sisters and nephews
b) Determine my rhetoric
c) Photographers research
d) Freudian theory research
e) Theweleit and object-relations theory

4) Project research: Gateways.
a) Artifice research
b) Artifice photographers research
c) Find more sites, shoot more images

Ok that will do. If anyone can help with any of these topics don't be afraid to drop a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment