Wednesday 20 May 2009

Interesting Day

Ive decided to start a project based around my recent essay and future dissertation on Masculinities. So I have been popping into town each day for the last few days to try and capture some masculine social portraiture. I terrified a Polish man today by talking at him too quickly in my magnificent accent and then stuffing my F65 in his face. Anyway I've a few more to get before I finish the first role of film, but will chuck them up here ones there processed.

In other news:

1)I did the fingers at the google maps car today so here's hoping they caught that one.

2) After spotting a nice wooden ash tray in that crazy shop near Rileys pool hall -for those who haven't been, it's literally full to the top with stuff, they got a delivery today and the guys just threw the stuff in the front door- I spotted an actual mountain of old photo albums. I scanned through about three of them and unfortunately there were no pictures to be seen. As I went to pay for my ash tray (25p, a price which was just made up on the spot by the old Chinese women behind the counter) I noticed that said Chinese women was ripping pictures out of the photo albums and chucking them into a massive plastic bag. Obviously I couldn't let an opportunity like this go begging so I asked her if I could have them too. She said... "emm ehhh OK, 25p"

So I now have well over 1000 random pictures to play with, I can't wait. Check out this gem I found after 2 minutes of looking.

Recontextualization project anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment