Thursday 9 July 2009

Internet Thieves

So the last post, which celebrated all things internet has got me thinking. I mentioned that it is only a matter of time until some uninspired advertising agency will copy the basic principles of the SOUR music video in order to sell toothpaste or the like. So with that in mind here are a few examples of blatant theft and breach of copyright (if web videos had such a thing).

Sa Cla: This advertisement for Italian pesto created a rhythmic beat by editing clips together.



Pretty clever eh?? Shame the advertising company responsible didn't come up with the idea. At least two years previous a Norwegian teenager made this in response to a college project.



Berocca: The orange flavoured pick-me-up tablet manufactures came up with this unusual campaign to promote morning freshness.



Obviously when I say they "came up with" I mean copied and not even copied very well why would there be treadmills in the middle of the street? It makes no sense.

Anyway this plagiaristic piece of crap was taken from OK Go an American band and their awesome music video here it goes again.



Action for kids: No doubt this is going to be a controversial one due to the emotive nature of the content and subject matter. With that in mind I'll refrain from any jokes or abuse.



Ok so you can say that raising awareness for such a worth while cause can use any means necessary and I agree, however Action for kids is not a non profit charity, the people who made this advert got paid, the people who came up with this concept didn't.



I am sure there are hundreds more, but these are the few I can think of at the moment. Stick any suggestions in the comments box if you can think of any.

1 comment: