Tuesday 16 June 2009

Werner Herzog: Offical Legend

I first came across the work of Werner Herzog when I watched Stozek earlier this year. I was blown away by his melancholic humour and truly bizarre conclusion (still the most unusual ending to a film I have ever seen). I watched Stozek without any preconceptions, any real knowledge about the film or Werner Herzog himself. A few months on I have learn't quite a bit about Herzog, his films and his process. He holds ideals about the world that are similar to mine, opinions I agree with and makes films that captivate me in a way no other film maker has ever managed. So for those reasons (amongst many others) I have declared him as a total legend.



I have just bought myself his complete work (up untill 2007) 24 DVD's in total, so expect a number of recommendations over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment